So it's official! We found a great row home to rent. We get the keys mid February which gives us plenty of time to paint and move our stuff in without too much stress. It is located in Conshohocken a city/town a few miles from where we are now. It's an up an coming place and the location really can't be beat. It's close to Philly, about 4 miles or so, and we don't have to pay the crappy city taxes! Colin can walk to the train, it trims my commute by about 10 minutes and it has a little backyard. All in all it was a huge blessing to find and get it for the price that we did!
I am trying to restrain my self from packing everything up this very instant. I am SO excited to have a little place. The only downside is that since it is a 107 year old building there is all of 1 closet upstairs. And it is small. I'm pretty sure I couldn't fit half of my shoes in it. If anybody has good alternative closet ideas let us know because we are going to need all the help we can get. IKEA has some good, cheap closet systems that I we (and by we I really mean me) are looking into. Hopefully my obsessive ritual of perusing craigslist multiple times a day will pay off.
I decided today that I really like egg salad sandwiches and should really make them for lunch more often. I think it is one of those things that I forget is really good. They are so good, in fact, that I really don't mind being that person at work that has the smelly lunch. I mean seriously, it's not like I am heating up leftover salmon or some such travesty. Which reminds me of the guy who came into a meeting the other day with this steamed seafood pasta from the cafeteria. He had committed two fatal errors: 1) he bought something from the cafeteria and 2) it had some sort of steamed fish in it. Are you kidding me? Sick. He stunk up the entire conference room and I literally almost gagged. It was that bad.
I will never eat at the cafeteria at work. The one and only time I ate there I had forgotten my lunch. In a hunger induced fit of desperation I went to buy a sandwich. The bad news was the guy making my sandwich almost drooled in it. I watched him lick the droplet of drool off his bottom lip about 4 times in the course of making my Italian sub. His tongue would dart out and get the it just before it dropped. It was too much. I am traumatized to this day. I would rather pass out from low blood sugar than eat a drool sub. Luckily I haven't forgotten my lunch since.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment