Friday, April 18, 2008

cheese please

Last night, in celebration of Colin being done with this term's finals, we went on a date to dinner. We chose Blackfish, a restaurant a few blocks from our place, that was reviewed in Philadelphia Magazine when the did their 50 best places to eat issue. Blackfish came in at #3 so we thought we would give it a try.

Everything was excellent. Except the cheese plate. That, I was a little disappointed in. I was hoping for some local cheeses, what with all of the dairy farms just over an hour away. Alas, they were all imported and rather boring. Next time I'll ask about the cheeses before I order. Overall, it was delicious.

Today it is supposed to be 83. I cannot even begin to express my joy.

Spring here is delightful. There are so many blossoms everywhere and the whether is cool and crisp and about 70 degrees for the past week. And I can't foget the BLUE SKIES! The tree in our backyard is filled with big, white blossoms. I love waking up in our little sleeping "nook" with the blossoms right outside the window, sun shining and birds chirping. Never mind the guys doing work on the house adjacent to us that are there promptly at 6:30 every morning, stomping about like a herd of elephants. It is still pleasent.

No comments: