Last night after LOST we watched the local news. This always ends up happening. LOST comes on at 10pm and then the news at 11pm, and like a horrible black hole we get sucked in when we should just go to bed.
I don't know about Colin, but for me it is the catchy little news tune. You know what I'm talking about, all news broadcasts have them. Think World News Tonight with Peter Jennings. I bet you could sing me that tune.
So the broadcast starts out with this amazing little ditty and instantly I'm 16 years old painting my face getting ready for the big game. Why? Because it sounds like a high school marching band. Snare drums and all. It is so awesome. I half expect to see some cheerleader back hand-springing through the studio giving sparkle fingers and busting herques. Hell, it makes me want to bust herques off of the coffee table.
Then we have the news reports, which are literally the love child of COPS and Reno 911. You know when the camera man chases people down and the picture is bobbling all over the place? Yep. It happens. Very amature documentary style. It kind of reminds me when I interview Colin on our camera and I have an imaginary microphone. The best was when this reporter chased down the Mayor of some small western PA town and the Mayor refused to talk to them and slammed the car door in the camera's face and told the reporter to beat it. so amazing. Such a good way to end a day.
Another classic was last night during the weather. The forecast for today was, and I quote "A BEAUT" And if that description doesn't kill you the fact that they then had the words "A BEAUT" appear on the screen in a flashing WordART banner (no joke) undoubtedly will. I'm not going to lie, they were spot on. Today is definitely a beaut.
Really, I'm not doing it justice. You should just come and experience it for yourself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment