Thursday, November 6, 2008

Poppage

Tuesday was a really good day for me, and not just because Obama was elected as President.

Tuesday a really gutsy woman at the fabric store asked me when I was DUE!

Now, I don't look terribly pregnant. If I wear even a semi baggy shirt you can't tell too much, especially if you didn't know me pre-pregnancy. I've kind of stuck to the baggy route so far because I don't exactly feel like I have a "cute" pregnant belly. Mainly I just feel thick and chubby and not cute. Tuesday, however, I donned a shirt that was a little tighter and made me look decidedly "cuteish" pregnant.

Allison and i go to the fabric store and this random woman asks me when I am due. This comment was followed by a really awkward exchange in which I blurt out "You think I am pregnant!" all excited, which was the exact wrong thing to say because she thought that she just made a HUGE mistake. But, I assured her that she had not made a mistake and that she was my new favorite person. She said that my "belly" didn't look like it belonged on my body since my arms and legs were skinny, which also made my day.

I really like that woman. I wish I had her on speed dial for when I am having a non-attractive feeling day.

My belly appears to be here to stay. No more disappearing acts during the night. I was 20 weeks on Monday, half-way through!

2 comments:

The Gray Family said...

hah! that's exactly what people said too me at that stage--though sometimes it was my neck that was too skinny for such a belly...where the *^#&$ are the pics??

Anonymous said...

Sarah! Confirmation from a stanger that you are, in fact, pregnant! Can't wait to see you both in December!