Monday, November 24, 2008

Thankful

Well, miracles never cease. 

I am happy to report that as of December 8th I will be joining the ranks of the gainfully employed! 

I got another position at my old company which is awesome for the following reasons:

1) I am eligible for maternity leave with good maternity benefits
2) We will have health insurance after the baby is born
3) They have a lactation room 
4) My boss is in a different building so I will pretty much be a one woman show. 
5) My new lab is POSH.  brand new and super nice with HUGE windows.  
6) My new program is AWESOME.  Different than what I have been doing
7) I get to learn electrophysiology.  
8) It is guaranteed for 2 years which in my industry and this economy is the equivalent of eternity.  Plus, it works out well with the timing of Colin's schooling.
9) I can still take the company shuttle so I don't have to drive. 
10) I can go back to spin class, which I LOVE.  
11)  I pretty much just got paid to take a 2 month vacation. 

I am feeling very blessed this Thanksgiving season.  And I can't wait to get started!  

What should I do with my 2 weeks left?  Go to Boston?  Decorate the nursery?  

Hmmmmm........

Oh yes, for those who don't know, we are having a little BOY!  

No comments: