Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Favorite fall snack

Fall is in the air here in sunny Pa, so I thought that I would share a favorite fall snack of mine:

Roasted beets at room temperature, cut into slices and sprinkled with coarse salt.

I realize that a lot of people are haters of beets. The thing is, if they are prepared well, beets are divine. They don't taste like dirt, and they are SO easy to prepare.

Roasting beets takes all of 2 seconds. You don't even have to peel them! Just wash well and wrap those suckers in foil. Put in a 450° oven for about an hour (depending on the size). Take them out when pierced easily with a fork and cool them to room temp. When you unwrap them the skin peels right off!

2 comments:

The Anglesey Family said...

I love beets! Sounds good!

Emily said...

Beets, huh, thats weird. Have you tried Beet Chicken? Calvin