So............I was 14 weeks yesterday. Pretty awesome. But, there is still no evidence to be seen that I am pregnant. Not that I am complaining. I feel like one lucky chic to have escaped the first trimester with nary an ounce of morning sickness or extreme fatigue. There were some crazy hormonal moments, like the time that Sarah Palin really got on my bad side and I went crazy because of how much I dislike her. Colin seriously thought I had snapped, but other than that and a few other "crazy" snafus, it was a pretty chill first trimester. I only had one craving and it was for a PBJ at like 3 in the morning. Unfortunately, we had neither peanut butter, nor jelly so it was really a bad situation for me. I ended up chugging water which wound up not being the wisest decision I've ever made but I'm learning.
Now, however, I am ready for some action.
I still look the same. I can still wear all of my clothes. In fact, I think a pair of jeans I own actually got looser. gah! My midwife informed me that it will probably take a while for me to show, and I realize that Bean is only 3 inches long. But seriously. seriously?! Sometimes just before I go to bed I sort of look pregnant. but then when I wake up in the morning my little "bump" or "bloat" or whatever you want to call it has vanished. Let's be honest, I probably farted it away in my sleep.
The one very bright side to all of this is that I can still sleep on my stomach. Now that, is good news. And, I have become a highly motivated individual, just like my resume says. I even painted our dining room this weekend. Tonight it is on to our table and chairs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
ha! i can't get over how lucky you are to be feeling so good. I was the same way as far as showing- i definately looked much more pregnant at night than in the morning. And i stayed pretty small until that last month. then, holy cow, watch out!
Ummm... I believe extreme dislike of Palin is a totally normal thing and not hormones!
allison
SARAH! so jenni and i work together and she just told me the news today and we totally screamed together in the office. then i asked if you had updated your blog (since the first time she mentioned it months ago) and she was like, heck ya! so here i am, raiding your blog, to say huge congratulations on your new development! (or lack thereof, since you're not showing, tho i'm not surprised since you've always been the cutest ever). congrats again, i will continue to bug jenni (and your blog) for updates! :)
Post a Comment