Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Knocked Up

Many of our friends and family already know the news.....I'm pregnant!

crazy.

I'm between 11 and 12 weeks and I have been feeling spectacular. No morning sickness or anything. No food aversions. Nothing. In fact, despite the 3 pregnancy tests I took, for a while I was convinced that I wasn't pregnant because I didn't feel any different. Ok, I take that back. There is one difference. It seems that puberty has finally hit, if you know what I mean. So that is pretty cool.

Yesterday we had our first appointment and everything looked good. We got to hear the heartbeat which was really cool. Except I kept laughing which made it impossible for the midwife to use the doppler. Luckily she thought it was funny too so we all just sat there cracking up until I could pull it together. But finally Bean moved to where we could detect it. That definitely made it feel more real.

But going back to the beginning. I found that I was with child while Colin was in Costa Rica so I had to keep my mouth shut for an entire week. Plus, it was pretty surreal peeing on a stick by myself before work with nobody to tell the news to. I kind of liked it that way though. Plus, it was really fun seeing the look of shock on Colin's face when I dropped the bomb.

I am allegedly due March 27th.

Crazy!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Rad. SO AWESOME.

I think I would like it that way too. Being alone the first moment I found out.

Although, it might kill me to wait a whole week to tell the g-man.

The Anglesey Family said...

CONGRATS!!!!!! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, you will both be amazing parents! Keep us posted on all the developments!

love,
allison

ps, those will be good maternity pajamas for a while!