Tuesday, June 10, 2008

3 years

Yesterday was our 3 year anniversary.

We had plans for an awesome picnic in the park, followed by a walk around the neighborhood taking pictures of random things with our new camera.

Had.

But then it was 100 degrees.

80% Humidity.

We don't have AC.

Yet.

So there was a change of plans.

Instead we ate on our porch....because it was so much cooler there than at the park?

Maybe. Who knows. We were delirious.

At least we didn't have to walk anywhere.

Colin even got all romantic on me and lit some candles. However, even the normally insignificant amount of heat put off by votive candles was VERY significant and we had to blow them out after about 5 minutes. I couldn't handle the heat wafting in my face as I ate.

Then we took a 50 foot walk to our garden, because that is all we could muster, and inspected the progress.

I was going to make a cherry tart with cherries off our tree but the thought of turning on the oven made me want to weep.

So instead we ate ice cream in our skivvies (anything more was unbearable) and continued to sweat.

Even still, a great time was had by all.

I hope Colin always wears a button up shirt and scrub bottoms to dinner on our anniversary.

Because seriously, is there anything hotter than that? (besides socks with sandals)

I think not.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Sounds awesome.

Happy birthday tomorrow! Thinking of you and missing you both!