Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Intruder

Last night it rained.

Hallelujah.

I went crazy opening up all of the windows trying to let in the cool air.

I even opened the window in our bedroom without the screen. Just about 6 inches...to get the air flowing.

Colin was at school really late, which had me on edge to begin with since North Philly isn't exactly the best place to be at 11pm. Especially hanging out at the gas station. (because you missed your train). But I guess on the sketchiness spectrum, gas stations are less sketchy than train stations. Luckily he was with his friend who is huge. Not that Colin isn't huge, but....ya know....I'm just sayin'.

So I'm on the computer and I hear something moving around.

Strange.

Since I am really brave I get up to investigate.

I turn around

and

this cat comes tearing through the room where the computer is and runs into our bedroom.

Because I am brave I scream bloody murder and run downstairs.

I stand in the kitchen quivering and call Colin who is stranded in the ghetto because they shut down the trains. (SEPTA is soooo awesome)

He laughs hysterically at me.

I decide that if the cat comes downstairs and attacks me I will stab it with a knife.

Then I feel bad for having such a weird thought.

Just for the record I wouldn't actually stab a cat.

I go upstairs with a broom to get it out of the room.

Again, because I am brave.

But it had already left the premises through the screen-less window from whence it entered.

So here is the thing. Our neighbor warned me about these ally cats.

They are total rude jerks.

She told me that last summer she would keep the window open in the bedroom and the cats would climb up on the roof, rub their butts up against the window, and then pee into her bedroom through the screen.

Just to add insult to injury they would leave little tufts of butt fur on the screen.

Rude.

Just one more reason to add to my list of why I don't like cats.

1 comment:

Katie said...

butt fur = really gross and also really funny.