Monday, June 30, 2008

Sometimes I wish I was a nudist...

but only sometimes.

This past weekend we hosted a great bbq. A good time was had by all, even if it was 90+ degrees. Our newly acquired window unit was working overtime and every one was still sweating their brains out. I'm pretty sure if we had suggested a nudist bbq everybody would have been down, but the Galbraiths have a reputation to uphold here in Philadelphia.

Anyway, to beat the heat I made the most bomb-diggity coconut ice cream evah! I was a little nervous because I basically just dumped stuff in a bowl, mixed, and then stuck it in the maker but it turned out quite excellent.

I thought I would share, but just a disclaimer these measurements are rough and if you are watching your waistline this is not for you. Sorry.

2 cans creme de coconut
1 can coconut milk (full fat and delicious, not lite)
1 cup shredded coconut (sweetened)
3 cups cream
1 cup milk

Put the coconut milk and shredded coconut in the food processor and blend. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Put in the ice cream maker. The end. I think I may have added some coconut extract but I don't think it did much.

Our friend Clark was a total renegade and put Aunt Jill's lemon fruit dip on top of the ice cream. Best. Idea. Ever.

We caught fire flies with the two year olds and I decided I was a deprived child because we didn't have fireflies in Colorado. The possibilities for fun are endless with those little guys. I wanted to squish out the luciferase and make war paint the kiddos faces, but decided that maybe their moms wouldn't appreciate me smearing dead bug all over their children. So, I decided to save that idea for my own children. poor kids.

2 comments:

Krillschin said...

Dude, you guys totally are swingers. It's not even joke anymore. I'll pass the word on.

Katie said...

I would totally let you smear squished bugs all over my kids.


I've never seen a firefly in my whole life.